Monday 28 January 2008

Birthday Girl


Today is Lou's 10th birthday and I have almost finished the preparations. Gingerbread hearts and stars were iced and delivered to school for lunchtime, along with the two invitations for her Birthday tea (which is to be on Friday - when another cake will be required!). Balloon bought and pink drizzle cake made, iced and candles stuck in. Her presents have been wrapped and placed on the piano along with other gifts and cards from friends and family. All that remains now is to ensure the camera batteries are well charged and to make the beefburgers for tea tonight.


Its a rather pink themed birthday - but then Lou is a girl who likes pink!


I can't believe she is 10 today. I remember my own 10th birthday so clearly. I felt so grown up, having finally reached double figures. My day was made all the more special by having my best friend (who shares exactly the same birthdate) over after school for fishfingers, chips and peas (I have a photo - not photographic memory!). We made birthday badges for each other and then we got to go to the cinema to see 'Splash' - and we got to sit on our own. My mum who'd taken us sat 5 rows behind. We felt so grown up. I hope to create a memory like this for Lou, so on Friday she is off to the local swimming pool with two of her friends. The pool puts on 'disco' in the water for 8 - 15 year olds (adults only allowed in the cafe!), with underwater lights and music. She is so excited by this!

No comments: