Sunday 27 January 2008

Soap Felting

Well it worked! I have to say I was not totally convinced that the process would work. A few years ago on a visit to Ryton Organic Gardens the children got a chance to do some wet felting. I remember it seemed pretty simple at the time, but we never got round to actually doing it at home. Anyhows - today was it, Lou was made to play outside with her friends (poor thing!).

Having got over the fact that the wool was all a bit pink, he picked some great shades to wrap over the soap. We were both a little dubious about actually felting, and I think we put a little too much water on to start - however, we got there and the whole process from start to finish took just under half an hour, which I thought was really good. I think Joe enjoyed it, he's a little unsure as to why we have made a 'jumper' for a bar of soap, and that his hands now 'stink' of Lavender and Jasmine and that they are indeed very clean! (Perhaps I should get him to do this daily). Now we just have to wait for it to dry, he's made a label to go over the soap, and to wrap it up.

No comments: