Sunday 7 October 2007

Mini cakes are a go!

The fruits were put in to soak last Thursday and I was intending to bake the cakes shortly after. However when I looked at the quantity of the fruits I realised I didn’t have enough tins to bake the ‘mini’ cakes in. So the fruits have been left soaking up the brandy, whilst we have eaten more beans on toast than we truely care too. We even had Spaghetti on toast - and it was AWFUL. I used to love Heinz Spaghetti Hoops on toast when I was younger. Now, either I had dreadful taste as a child or they have changed the recipe. It was foul!

I finally thought we had enough tins, so I made up the mix this morning and lined an 8″ round tin and 8 tin cans. Spooned the mixture in and realised I still had lots of mixture, so quickly lined a 2lb loaf tin and generally made a real mess and created mounds of washing up. The mini cakes were baked for 2 hours, the loaf tin and round cake have been in 4 and a half hours now. Now I know I am biased - but I’m very, very impressed with how the mini cakes have turned out, so much so that I’ve decided to make up another batch and sell them - I’ve agreed to do a Craft Fair in November with my friend - but thats another post!

No comments: