Thursday 4 October 2007

Christmas Cakes

Last year I wanted to bake Mini Christmas Cakes to give as gifts, however Chris thought the tins for this too expensive, and I couldn't work out a better (read cheaper!) way to do this, so I let the idea slip, resolving to figure it out, and promptly forgot. Until now!

Still none the wiser and unable to persuade Mr L to change his mind, and unwilling to compromise on wanting to do round cakes instead of square ones the scheme again looked set to fail. I decided to pop on over to the ‘Old Style’ boards on Moneysavingexpert.com to see if the wise people there had any ideas, and naturally they did! Tin Cans - why didn't I think of that!

Now all we have to do is to eat lots of tinned goods. I've started soaking the fruits today and shall stop when I have enough tins!

Today is also my little sisters birthday - so Happy Birthday Casima!

No comments: