Thursday 13 March 2008

10 days???!

I can't quite believe that it has been 10 days since I last posted. I'm not quite sure if there is any one particular reason - only that life got incredibly complicated and busy. All at once. My mum has been in hospital for an operation on her spine, I found out my best friend is pregnant with twins, and what with that, family life, and going to court, I've found very little time to do anything - let alone blog. I've a stack of ironing almost taller than me, I've got cakes to bake for the school tomorrow - just told this morning, and a house that looks like it may have been the epi-centre for the recent earthquake, its so disorganised, and the cherry on the top is that I've been tagged. Which I have to say I'm eternally grateful for - as it seems to have re-connected me with this blog. So having never been tagged before - I do hope I do this right!!

Firstly I was tagged by the lovely 'Clothcat' who produces some rather wonderful items over on the hallow ground that is Etsy. I need to post the rules::

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


So here goes
Fact 1:: I like to drink plain hot water. This typically involves people swirling round, hand still poised over the kettle and going "What? Just hot water? I think I've got a lemon?". No, you heard right, I like to drink just hot water - no lemon, no anything. This started when I worked in a call centre, cups of tea/coffee would go cold whilst on a call, and so hot water started - I like to drink it hot and if it goes cold, all is not lost.

Fact 2:: I've been kissed by Timmy Mallet. Okay I was about 5 at the time, and he came to my school (can't remember what for), and gave me a badge saying 'Timmy on the Tranny' which I'm sure has a whole heap of different connotations now.

Fact 3:: I met my husband at work. He left, we then met socially as friends (evidently 'everyone' else could see 'it'), and it wasn't until he moved to Felixstowe that we realised we loved each other. That was June 1996. We bought a house together in September 1996 (only hope I'm as cool as my parents!) and are now coming up to our 10th wedding anniversary this year.

Fact 4:: I'm a Quaker. I love the freedom this gives me.

Fact 5:: Last year I started to learn to play the cello. As a child I wanted to play the cello. My parents weren't keen and so I was encouraged to learn the piano instead (my dad plays). I did, and got to Grade 5, before stopping. I met a woman at a Quaker gathering who learnt the Viola in her 30's who told me it was never too late. I'm so pleased she encouraged me - I'm not good, but I love it!

Fact 6:: I'm infertile. Cor - what a statement! I suffer with Endometriosis, and it was diagnosed too late. The damage to my reproductive organs was done. We toyed with the idea of IVF, but the chances of success were slim, and there was every chance it would seriously agravate my Endometriosis. So we didn't. We finally adopted two children in 2003, and I went on to have a Hysterectomy in 2005 and have been pain free since then (yay!!!).

Fact 7:: I don't like milk. There - thats lightened the post a little! I tolerate milk, but I don't like it. I'll eat Weetabix only cause it soaks up the milk, else I have to drain it off from my spoon. I know I should have more - but I really don't like the taste and too much can make me feel queasy.

Well that was less painful than I thought. Possibly more personal that light hearted - but they are facts about me. Now loads have already been tagged - but I'm not sure these have so.

*tag*
Angharad
SallyF
DomesticAli
PennyPincher
Charlotte
Karen
Melissa




Phew - I think thats it, and hopefully normal service will resume on the blog now. Thanks Cloth.

1 comment:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Thankyou for tagging me but I might give it a miss as I've done this one several times and have really run out of things to say! LOL.
I have a friend that drinks plain hot water too by the way :)))
Melx