Saturday 1 March 2008

Mothering Sunday

I think I am sorted for Mothering Sunday. When asked what I wanted, my reply was simple, and the same as every year - to have a meal with my mum, my children, husband, and sisters. I don't 'need' any gift - just to spend time with those important to me.

However, Mothering Sunday falls early this year - and caught my husband out. He rang our local pub to book a table for us all on Tuesday this week - not surprisingly they were booked. He then did lots of frantic ringing round to try to find somewhere for the 8 of us. It looked like it was going to be Pizza Express - when my sisters came up trumps by offering to cook. So one sister is doing the starter, another the main and my husband has made Chocolate Chilli Mousse. Now my mum isn't one for gifts either - which is why the meal out is always nice, as for once she lets us treat her. However, I haven't a gift for her - but I have made her her Mothers Day card. I got the inspiration from the invites I did for Lou's birthday, where the original inspiration came from Mel over at Day to Day. I knew I wanted to sew a card - but didn't know what to put on the front, that is, until I saw this lovely button on Raspberry's blog.

Apologies for the poor quality picture - there is no good light in a home with only energy saving bulbs and its dark outside!

No comments: