Monday 4 February 2008

Bargainiferous

And I've no idea if that is a word! However I am so so thrilled today. I have a thing for tea - thats afternoon tea, not just the drink. I think there is something so so civilised about sitting down mid afternoon for a cup of tea and a little slice of something. When we married we were adament that we did not want a dinner service, however I have always hankered after a tea service and here we are going towards our tenth year and I've found it today.

Well what do you think? Its got 8 cups and saucers, 8 side plates, a serving plate and a milk jug. It doesn't have its sugar bowl - but then we don't take sugar in our tea! I've seen others over the years, but didn't go for it - it wasn't terribly fashionable amongst my friends. I'm older and wiser now and sensible enough to go for this, just because I love it. I'm sure Chris will love it too - particularly when I tell him I got it all for under £6. Now I think I ought to go and bake so we can christen the tea service...

No comments: