Thursday 28 February 2008

Sweetly Inspired

Inspired by the Flickr group Etsy UK Challenge for 'Sweets from your Childhood' I made a crayon roll with Dolly Mixtures.

My fav sweets from my childhood were Pacers - but they don't make them anymore and Dolly Mixtures run a very close second!

I didn't have plain enough material for this - I really wanted the Dolly Mixtures to be the focus, so used soft fleece and felt - and I love it! With a notepad added so that it really is enough to keep a child happy I think I've come up with a variation on my original. Future crayon/pencil rolls will be made of felt and fabric, I just need to work out a way of making them pretty in a less time consuming way!

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Hi Cara!
Thanks so much for popping by my blog - and for the info on the link!
This crayon roll is gorgeous! Such a cute idea! ; )