Tuesday 5 February 2008

Shrove Tuesday

I can't actually get my head round the fact that it is indeed Shrove Tuesday today. The year hardly feels started and yet we are approaching Easter. The children were mightily disappointed that I did not make pancakes for breakfast - I was told in no uncertain terms that I made Scotch Pancakes last year and they had some more for tea. I tried to justify my lack of eggs by saying that I was going to make stuffed savoury pancakes followed by sweet pancakes and that I had ice-cream too. My daughter gave me the look and said "well last year you made pancakes for breakfast, and we had stuffed ones for tea too". I think I'll just shuffle to the back of the Mum Class...

Maybe I could re-deem myself by making a couple of small ones for them when they come home from school.

No comments: