Monday 21 July 2008

Advance Notice...

We are about to have some work start on our house.  We're not 'big' into decisions here, its taken us the best part of 11 years to work out exactly what we want to do... and the work starts TODAY.  The children break up from school on Wednesday, and the builders reckon they'll be with us for about 5 weeks - by my estimation that'll be all through the school summer holidays ending just as the children return to school...   They are hoping that we won't be left without bathroom facilities but can't guarantee it (argh! - naturally Mum has put her facilities on standby for us!).

I've gone around the house taking photos of the rooms as they are now (mess and all) and can't wait to add the 'new' improved versions later this year.

What this does mean is that 'free' time to browse all the wonders of the interweb are going to be sorely limited, it is the school holidays after all, plus my friend finally had her twins - born at 34 weeks after she was suffering terribly from pre-eclampsia, and at 12 days old the twins have been defined as being well enough to go home!  I rang Ali last night, and could sense instantly that all wasn't quite so calm in the house.  They'd gone to the hospital to visit their two babies and ended up bringing them home.  Ali, was in hospital from week 30, and although they have 'all they need' - she hadn't had time to 'nest' the house properly, and although she was discharged last Monday from hospital - she was re-admitted on Wednesday.  They really haven't had an easy ride of it.  I couldn't help but smile as she confessed that all they (her and her husband) had managed to do was feed and change both babies...  I've offered to go over and look after them so that Ali can find some time to herself.

However, I do HOPE to continue posting as often as I can, but please bear with me if things don't go to plan.... :D

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Just stumbled accross your lovely blog and wanted to wish you luck with your alterations! I know how chaotic it can be having work done on the house with children around so I'll be thinking of you! Try to have a good summer anyway, i'm sure it'll all be worth it!
NatX