Thursday 17 July 2008

Tired

I feel really tired today - much like I felt yesterday actually!  I can feel we are approaching the end of the school year - the children are on wind down, and I can feel myself joining them.  It doesn't help that last night we (myself and my neighbours) planned to go and see 'Mamma Mia' at the local cinema - only to get there and see about 100 + women milling around outside.  The film was showing in two screens - one showing each, and yes it was sold out.  From eavesdropping into other conversations we knew that all the other local cinemas were the same.  There were a lot of disappointed ladies out last night!  One of our group was heavily pregnant and so really wasn't up to much else, so it was a sombre drive home - you could say we were all sulking!!

Tonight we're out at Drumfest - our son is currently learning to play the drums - I'm expecting a LOUD evening, and the worlds largest drum kit is supposed to be there too.  I'm not sure this is a true family evening out - but hey, maybe I'll become a 'cool' mum for the night!

Tomorrow gets better - Chris and I are off to London, we've tickets to see Duffy play at Somerset House, and I can't wait.  Evidently light showers is forecast for tomorrow, but theres nothing like walking in the rain with the man you love - so it'll be fun (won't it?).   The children are overnighting at a friends house (thank you Kate!), and so we're going to make a day of it visiting the British Museum, then some time in Covent Garden, Leicester Square and Chinatown for tea before the concert.  I only wish I had a smaller camera for days like this.  We have a great digital camera - but its fairly bulky, and I always end up carrying it, so it's staying at home tomorrow.  Not that that would matter at the moment as I seemingly can't add photos to my blog currently - not great!


No comments: