Sunday 20 July 2008

Home

Friday was a wonderful day in London, and by and large we stuck to our 'plan' for the day.  

We caught the train in to Euston and took a leisurely amble to the British Museum, where we spent a fair while looking at Elgin's Marbles, and the Egyptian exhibits, before heading off for some lunch at Hummus Bros.  I'm not a great fan of hummus - but even I have to concede it was very nice, I opted for a side salad with a pitta, whilst husband went for the hummus with chicken topping with a warm spiced apple juice.  My ginger and mint lemonade was really nice, and I need to make some myself now!! 

Lunch then spurred us on for a walk down to Covent Garden and Neals Yard/Seven Dials - where I was indulged in a spot of shoe buying!   We had planned to wander over to Chinatown for some noodles, but were so full from lunch - and the cookie I ate in Covent Garden that we instead plumped for some Mint Tea at Souk Medina (hidden away in Neals Yard), before we wandered down through Trafalgar Square to the river, before heading up to Somerset House for the Duffy Concert.

Somerset House was a wonderful venue, the support were great, even the slight rain didn't dampen things, and Duffy was amazing.  Hearing her voice live was just incredible, she has such a talent.  

Finally we hailed a cab back to the station and managed to get a seat on the train home - which for us has NEVER happened before!!

Yesterday was spent relaxing, and today has been frantic boxing up of belongings... we have workmen starting tomorrow!  Apologies for the link heavy post - I still can't seem to upload any images.


No comments: