Monday 28 April 2008

Neglected

I rather fear I have neglected my blog quite considerably lately. It started with a nasty cold which resulted in me losing my voice completely for a week, and I lost all enthusiasm. Then I got my website and my attention was rather occupied with that. However I think I'm back!

We had a rather traumatic Friday last week when our fuse box started 'fizzing' and sparks were shooting out. We turned off the electric and removed the cover and were startled by the amount of scorching there was. We then spent the next few hours trying to find an electrician who didn't just work for the council, who could come out in less than 6 weeks. In the end we went with a recommendation from an old neighbour and although the firm was really busy promised they'd come out that day. They turned up early evening, just as I was preparing for an evening of no hot water, no heating, no light etc. The chap - who was excellent, managed to sort us out and left us safe and with electricity, and I was able to check ebay and find out that we'd won the caravan we were bidding on! More on that later....

No comments: