Wednesday 9 April 2008

Tefal fall out...




Tefal have really let me down. Last night as I was washing up, the glass lid from my 15cm saucepan shattered as it went into the washing up bowl. The lid wasn't hot and the water certainly wasn't cold. It just shattered - into lots of tiny shards of glass.

I'm only grateful that it was me that was washing up last night and not my 8yr old son who'd offered to do it. I've just got off the 'phone from Tefal and they have just offered to sell me a new lid. No concern over what has happened, and they went so far as to say that Tefal can not guarantee that any of their lids on their saucepans won't do this and therefore do not cover them as part of the product guarantee.

Quite frankly I'm shocked. It was always my assumption that a product must be fit to serve the purpose it is intended for - clearly in Tefal's case this is not true. If the lid had crazed, but stayed intact I don't think I'd have been so shocked. The glass went everywhere. Needless to say I will be writing to them to express my dissatisfaction and concern over their product and I will certainly never buy from Tefal ever again.

I certainly would not recommend anyone to purchase Tefal glass lidded pans either. Mine were not terribly old - certainly under 14 months and I don't expect this to happen in general useage.

2 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

Thats terrible, hope you get some comeback from them.
Sarah x

Kath Stewart said...

Hey you stick to your guns and quote the Sales of Goods Act to them - an item must be fit for the purpose for which it is intended.
Don't give up - badger them until you get a replacement pan - never mind the lid Go for it girl.